Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Just in time!

Hi! Am I ever a lucky duck. I almost totally forgot about my little daily blog committment. I DID forget, in fact, until about 15 minutes ago, when I was on the tram thinking how nice it would be to go straight home and drop into bed when I suddenly remembered I still had a blog to write! So here I am, on my basement stairs, 19 minutes and counting as I type.

Well! The big news of the day is that I have a presentation tomorrow, and I was done--ready and printing my handouts this evening a full 23 hours before my class! I just thought you'd all like to know that. I mean, that right there is not only a life accomplishment in non-procrastination, but a fine display of responsible, self-sufficient behavior too. I was quite pleased about it. Unfortunately, on my way home I was looking over my handout and I found a typo (bad case of subject/verb disagreement) and two of my bullet points didn't have a space between them like the rest of them do. So...I might redo them. Or I might not. It'll depend on what time I get up in the morning, I guess. :)

My other news is that there are two possibilities on the housing front. Two different friends from church have each said that their respective flatmates are going elsewhere late summer or early fall, and they're looking for someone. I'm checking into the financing of this, but I am encouraged at having the option, and I would really enjoy living with either of them. But some income in the near future would be a big help--whether through a scholarship or a job. So, please pray that God would provide there. My good friend Anne tells me this is where I'm supposed to be, and I tend to think she's right, after all the twists and turns and unexpected provisions that have brought me here. So I'm not anxious. Just not real sure where the income will come from at this point... :)

The other great development from this evening is that a friend offered to host a birthday lunch for me at her place on Sunday afternoon, and I'm looking forward to that! Aren't friends great?! I hadn't planned anything for my birthday because there have been about a billion other birthdays this month and I thought everyone would be birthdayed out, plus my place is so far out of the way it would be a pain for everyone to come. So to have a nice lunch in town, when we often eat lunch together anyway, will be perfect.

Ok, I have to post this or I'll miss my deadline. I think I've written 300 words...I hope so.

3 comments:

  1. Is this really my daughter? Being ready for a presentation so many hours ahead of time!! Hmmmmm. Did you forget something or,perhaps, there are some wonderful changes ocurring. Even Grandpa would comment on it if his internet was up and running. Great job Stephanie. Hope the presentation goes well.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. 470 words, by MS Word count...

    What was that you were saying about not procrastinating? And didn't you prepare 23 hours in advance because you thought the presentation was today?

    Ah, Steph! You are such a lot of fun!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew what day it was!! Gosh! I was early on purpose, but I'd like to clarify that I'm not planning to make this a habit (so jest cool yer jets and don't be gettin all excited).

    ReplyDelete