Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

"As a result of the anguish of his soul, He will see it and be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, as He will bear their iniquitites. Therefore I will allot HIm a portion with the great, and He will divide the booty with the strong; because He poured out Himself to death and was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressor." Isaiah 53:11-12

"But we do see Him who has been made for a little while lower than the angels, namely Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, and through whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to perfect the author of their salvation through suffering. For both He who sanctifies and those who are sanctified are all from one Father; for which reason, He is not ashamed to call them brethren." Hebrews 2:9-11


Jesus is Risen, and it's exceedingly good news for you and me.


It snowed all day today! Is that not marvelous?! Other than the minor inconvenience of having to adapt my Easter outfit to freezing weather, it was splendid Easter weather. Instead of staying in church this morning, I sat in on the 3-6 year olds Sunday school class. I'm going to be on the teaching rotation pretty soon here, so I thought it'd be a good idea to get to know the kids and see how they do things here at this church before I dive in. Plus I was a little worried about the age...I mean, what do you say to a three year old? I had a great time though! I so rarely spend time with little kids that I forget how much I enjoy them. For instance, today the teacher started out the Easter lesson by saying, "Do you all know what happened on Easter?" A little blond boy confidently piped up "yeah, the Easter bunny came!" (apparently he had chocolate at home to prove it!) Ah, the classic Sunday school answer. :) It was the poor girl's first time (ever) teaching and she hardly knew what to say in response. We spent the rest of the lesson acting out the bible story, crawling around under tables, singing songs I haven't sung in 10 years or more and learning about what ELSE happened on Easter besides the advent of the bunny. After the lesson, the same little boy said, "I've heard that story before." and his classmate said, "Me too. I have the movie."

I had lunch with friends from church. That was fun! Of course I also missed being home and everything that comes with that. Mostly bothering Grandpa. It's really tough to adequately pester the GPs from this distance, you know? but I do my best. And I had a great time today with my friends here! It's my first time in the "student far from home" category. I've always been close enough to my parents to not only go home for holidays myself, but to also bring armies of out-of-state and international friends and acquaintances along too. It's nice to be on the invited end now. In fact, I'd say generally living here is definitely giving me a renewed appreciation for hospitality, both because it's wonderful to be the recipient of it, and then because of that I'm a bit more sensitive to ways that I could be hospitable to other people. Oh, and in other news, everyone was quite adamant that I should learn to ski, and I might even be borrowing some stuff. So Skiing may be in my very near future...stay tuned.

I'm down to one more day of vacation before school starts again, and although I had big plans for the break, I feel like I didn't exactly do a lot...which is probably cuz I didn't. I had quite a few meetings, however, and I think that filled up more time than I realized. Oh well. It was a good and mostly restful break anyway, and I'm ready to get back to work now. But that's not to say I wouldn't welcome a couple feet of snow...

3 comments:

  1. Remember how old you were when you understood and responded to the Gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of "The Three Bishops" which is the archbishop?
    From the guy with just two g's in his name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Greg, I'm surprised you have to ask! I think it's quite clear who the archbishop is, but I'll give you a hint. It's the one whoose name starts with S and ends with tephanie.


    Dad, I assume you are commenting on what to say to 3-6 year olds. Yeah, not a bad point.

    ReplyDelete