Friday, May 28, 2010

May is Busy

Just a really quick note about a couple things. First, I'm sure some of you will be pleased to hear that I didn't ONLY apply for a job in Rwanda. I also have applications out for jobs in Boston, New York, and, as of yesterday, Geneva. (These three cities pop up a lot in my job search. Clearly, we need to work on building Portland's presence in the humanitarian Aid/International research scene, so I can come work there). I found a desk job (see Gregg? safe!) as a Reporting Officer (writer/editor/researcher) with the International Committee of the Red Cross. I hope that will turn into an interview! I think I'd like the work: it's the type of work I enjoy, on subjects that interest me. It would also be good for my French, and I think if I could figure out a way, I would jump right into intensive courses from the very beginning. I don't currently like Geneva very well, but I would learn to like it, I suppose. I do, however, like Nyon, and if living in da big city started to get to me, I'd just go sit on the castle wall at Nyon for a while, and look out over the rooftops and the lake, and it would be alright. Also, I'm applying for a job with the Oregon Child Development Coalition as the Education Coordinator for the Migrant Head Start program in Cornelius. So-there are a few interesting possibilities out there!

It's busy here. Baby showers and going away parties and papers to write and exams to study for...so much going on, as always, at the start of the summer. I've been running again lately. Now that the weather is nice, I look forward to going. There is a field of sheep on my running route, and in the evenings when I jog past, the old ones just look at me as they munch their grass, the babies hop around a lot, and I think of Psalm 100: Know that the Lord himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are his people and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him; bless his name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, and his faithfulness to all generations.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post from the first word to the last. Very wonderful.

    ReplyDelete