Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Beautiful Switzerland

Switzerland is beautiful all the time, but in winter this little country is truly stunning. In mid December an old childhood friend was here for the weekend. Friday night we went to the Yyspalascht in Kleinbasel for some authentic Swiss fondue, and to Acqua, my favorite warehouse-turned-lounge in town. We met Richard and Valda and a whole crowd of their statisticians colleagues there. An African historian and a trauma nurse seem very exotic in a crowd of statisticians, we discovered. :) Saturday morning we skipped off to the mountains--these glorious Alps. If you got my Christmas card, you've likely seen one of these photos before....if you didn't get my Christmas card...better luck next year! :) No, I'm just starting to hobble together a list of people I want to be sure to keep updated on my whereabouts. If you didn't get a card and a letter but you'd like one next year, let me know and send me your address now! I'll add you to my list.

2011 was a year full of changes for me, and I hope that 2012 will be a bit more more stable. If it is, you might see more blog posts.






No comments:

Post a Comment