Thursday, October 30, 2008

some nanny tidbits

I arrived at work today at 7.30 am to find that my hairstyling services were requested by the resident 5 year old in preparation for school picture today. Now, you probably can't understand how flattering it is to be the Beautician of choice for a 5 year old unless you've been in that coveted position yourself, but let me tell you--it beats just about any other sort of job review. By 7.35 I was wielding a hair brush and a set of purple bobbles like a pro, and by the time she walked out the door, she had two pigtails and something intereseting going on with her bangs...basically a compromise between her preference (pin the bangs straight up) and mine (leave them down on her forhead like normal).

Yesterday I was singing "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart" at teeth-brushing time, when they spontaneously started singing along on the chorus. They got the tune down no problem, and most of the words too, although "down in my heart to stay" comes out kinda like, 'down inaaa.....stay," and we're still working on the third verse, because, after all, "I've got the wonderful love of the blessed redeemer down in the depths of my heart" is a mouthful for anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, that may be why I learned that verse as "I've got the love of Jesus, love of Jesus down in my heart."

    ReplyDelete