Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Little o' this and that

I like this song, but I don't understand it yet.


Another thing I don't understand: why it's so hard to come up with solid research questions!? Ugh! I asked Pierrick if he ever feels like he has days--no, whole months--when he can't seem to find a single good idea in any corner of his brain. He said yes, and recommended a vacation as a remedy for me. But I suspect finding good ideas is a bit like drawing good pictures. You have to draw a lot of bad ones first, so you might as well keep the pencil to the paper till you're through them.

After two unusual and difficult weeks, things are starting to feel more on track again at work and personally. I'm especially enjoying time with my lovely roommates. I couldn't have asked for better roommies, and considering that we were all strangers before, I'm extra thankful that we found each other. The dude is sitting on a beach somewhere in Spain at the moment, so we temporarily have a girls house. The chats in the bathroom while we get ready for bed, girly movies, friendly and funny messages on our dry erase board, sharing coffee in the morning and dinner in the evenings is all lots of fun! I still miss Pfeffingen a bit, but I feel like I'm in a good place in town for this stage of life in the Basel area.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph, that sounds like the normal dilemma of any paper, I am sure you will have a sudden revelation. Perhaps that is why most PhDs I know told me they started their research into the blue and it all suddenly came, even though there were unexpected turns, which makes it all the more exciting! And, with such great roomies, it is surely all going to pan out.

    Anke

    ReplyDelete