Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grey Stilettos and a PhD proposal

They say money can't buy happiness, but occasionally I am inclined to disagree. Admit Exhibit A: Now picture it in grey suede, to go with a grey flowered dress, to go to Ireland for a dear friend's wedding. Sasquatch-sized happiness in exchange for my George Washingtons.

Today I was informed that my PhD application has been shortlisted, and they requested that I "save the date" for an upcoming foundation board meeting. If I'm one of the two selected (out of a remaining 4 candidates), I will be invited to present my project to the board in Salzburg next month. There are still many unknowns about this position and about my job situation more generally, but it's not every day that foundations in Austria ask me to pencil them in! So I'm pleased to be in the final round at least.

1 comment:

  1. Must be a baby sasquatch. Your feet aren't THAT big. Congratulations on the shortlist status.

    ReplyDelete