Thursday, September 2, 2010

The search for gainful employment...

...carries on. Interview Part 1 went well, other than managing to show up late (gosh! that was frustrating!). I was invited to submit writing samples and do a writing exercise as 'round two.' I finished that today and I'm waiting to hear from them whether I've made it to round three or not. They already have a short list of around 4 or 5 people, so there's plenty of competition! However, they need a professional writer most of all, it seems, and that's one of my best selling points. So, we'll see. The office is in a nice accessible part of Basel, near to friends, stores, and restaurants, and I liked the people I met. I continue to have no idea what I really 'want' as far as which continent I'd like to live on, but if I was offered this job, I think I'd be very content working there.

Janet and the little dude stopped by to see me after the interview, and Janet brought ice cream as a 'congratulations! you had an interview' treat. :) Ice cream with Janet is ALWAYS a treat.

2 comments:

  1. Ice cream is a treat with or without Janet, but I'll agree that WITH is the much better choice. :)

    I hope you get the job!

    ReplyDelete