Friday, May 21, 2010

That's the way that the world goes 'round



That's the way that the world goes 'round
You're up one day, the next you're down
It's a half an inch of water; you think you're gonna drown
That's the way that the world goes around.


And when it comes to jobs: ya win some; ya lose some.
I'm doing translating work for a new client in Zurich this weekend. I didn't get the Roche job. I just applied for a job with an organization called Partners in Health as the Assistant to the Director in Rwanda. Yes, it's based in Rwanda. Hold on, hold on...I'll count to three so you can all object in unison: 1, 2,...3. Ok, objections noted.

Applying for new jobs is the secret to not being too bummed about not getting jobs I applied for last month.

And peppy tunes help too.

3 comments:

  1. I think you will need to count a lot longer than 1,2,...3! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who said anything about objecting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can think of several who will be objecting.

    ReplyDelete