Friday, October 2, 2009

Kris Kristofferson in Basel

Kris Kristofferson is playing in Basel next month with Rosanne Cash. Tickets are 110 francs, which is disappointing. I'd go if it was cheaper. Like...if they were 20 francs. :) I'm gonna work on it though. Maybe I can think of something. Make friends with the sound crew, for example...

I recently learned that he wrote the song Sunday Morning Coming Down, which I really like, even though I know about half of you will think it's sad and depressing. It's been on my rotation of Sunday Morning pre-church music for about a month now, and usually I only do Hymns on Sunday morning--a little tradition that my friend Joe and I both enjoy. But I think Joe would agree that an exception could--should!--be made for Kris Kristofferson, particularly since the song is so aptly-titled. Here he is singing it a few years back with Johnny Cash.



And yes, in case you were wondering, I canned my pears. They're very purty. :) Here's hoping I don't die of my own home food-processing experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment