Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sleeping in for the cure

In 2006 I participated in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation "Race for the Cure" in Portland. Some of you kindly supported me with donations. This Sunday, September 20th, I'm participating through their "sleep in for the cure" option for people who can't be there in person. It'll probably be more like "Have an Afternoon Coffee for the Cure," considering the time zone thing, but you get the idea. Even though I'm not running this year, I'm raising money for research and screening in the Pacific Northwest, which is not only home to me, but also to the highest rates of breast cancer in the nation. Most of the money will be used in Oregon and Washington. 25% of the money raised goes to support screening and research nationwide.

My lovely mama, post-cancer and making things happen! :)

Breast Cancer research has become more important to me in the last two years since Mom's cancer and treatment in 2007/2008. She is doing well now. Let's support research and screenings that can save our favorite ladies!

The event is THIS Sunday, so if you wish to donate, please do so today. Stephanie's Komen fundraiser page. (I have to say, I'm not very impressed with their website, so I'm sorry if it gives you trouble! I'm also really sorry if there is a scrolling tally announcing how much you gave. I am trying to figure out if I can turn that off so that donations are private).

And now, some deep thoughts about boobs:

2 comments:

  1. P.S.: for good measure, I'd be happy to go out and run 5K or even 5 Miles if it'd make you feel better about "supporting."

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.p.s: Thanks to all those who donated to the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation this weekend.

    (If you still want to, you can access my Komen webpage through October 20th, or donate directly to the organization any time).

    ReplyDelete