Thursday, August 21, 2008

Labor relations

Let's establish some terminology, just for clarity. I think the family I work for wouldn't want you to know their names, so in order to more effectively tell you tales about them, I will call the older girl M1 (short for girl 1) and the younger, predictably, M2. Late Yesterday afternoon I was busy vacuuming the entryway/mudroom when M1 and M2 came home from their grandparents' house. They said hello and went upstairs. Their mom told me later that M1 had asked her, "Is Stephanie vacuuming?"
"yes," she said.
"Did you tell her to vacuum?"
"Yes, I did."
A quiet pause.
"Why can't you just leave Stephanie in peace?!"

And as it turned out, I was let off work early today. Whether that was happenstance or persuasion at it's finest, I can't say for certain, but I'm planning to unionize and make M1 president.

3 comments:

  1. M1 and M2? I'm thinking Cat in the Hat....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for mothers with a good sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm embarassed to say my memory of the Cat in the Hat is fuzzy. I always liked Green Eggs and Ham better.

    And, yeah....good thing she was amused, huh?

    ReplyDelete