Friday, July 18, 2008

comings and goings

My "see-you-laters" started this week, and you know what? They're not very fun! Not only am I sad about leaving home again, but then as soon as I get back to CH, I'm leaving my OTHER home! and I'm sad about that too. If you remember to pray for me in the next couple weeks, pray that I will be "present" in the time I have here with my family and friends (not bemoaning leaving, or worrying about what this year will be like) and that I'll use the time wisely and generously. Also, I'm feeling kinda overwhelmed about the new job/new living situation/new language situation once I'm back in Switzerville. Like...maybe I could just not show up (cuz if I do show up, maybe I'll be a terrible nanny!) Maybe I could live in a tent on the River. Maybe learning German was a really dumb idea... Alright, it's not quite that bad, but I am finding myself worried about it all and I wish I was more matter of fact about these things.

I'm moving. I'll build new relationships and find ways to maintain old ones. My new employers will find the grace to be patient with me. And it'll be a good year, because God takes care of his children. That would be the sensible, matter of fact way of looking at things.

4 comments:

  1. And I think you'll be a great nanny, for whatever it's worth. Miss you, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Janet!!! Doesn't seem to matter what age people are, they seem to enjoy being around Stephanie. I believe the family she will be a nanny for will also enjoy her company and I think Stephanie will enjoy them alot as well. They sound like a very pleasant family.
    By the way Janet, Stephanie misses you as well. She is looking forward to your arrival back in Switzerland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who are you and what do you want!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Questions, questions! What do I want? Well, how about lots of blog updates during your next year in Switzerland. Short ones more often are better than none for a week or two. Reading your blogs makes it seem like you are just a hop, skip and a jump away. :)

    ReplyDelete